Community Producer - Third Angel
Third Angel has been making original and inventive performance, installation and film work for theatres, galleries, cinemas, office blocks, car parks, cellars, the internet (and a Victorian public toilet), in the UK and worldwide, since 1995. The company has been widely acclaimed for intimate and moving performances and beautiful design. The work is devised, directed and designed by the two Artistic Directors and founders, Rachael Walton and Alexander Kelly, and carries a range of influences from the culture around us: film, television, visual art, current affairs, novels, magazines, comics, music, radio chat shows. We support early-career artists and companies through mentoring and free training programmes. Our participation work helps young people to find their voice, build their confidence and raise their aspirations
The Community Producer will find new ways for Third Angel to support people to express their own creativity, find their voice and tell their stories. They will identify new partners and develop exciting projects and performance-based activities that are designed with the people they are intended to benefit. They will work in co-ordination with the Artistic Directors, ensuring that participation is woven throughout all strands of the company’s output, seeking new opportunities and laying the groundwork for the next 5 years.
About The Person
You will be an experienced arts practitioner who can demonstrate that you have designed and delivered successful performance-based activities / programmes that encourage people to participate in the arts. You will be passionate about the power of creativity to transform lives and feel excited at what is possible and can be achieved. You will have a sound understanding of good practice in delivering arts-based programmes with children and young people. You will be committed to inclusive working practices and have a sound understanding of the challenges faced by under-represented communities in the UK–we are particularly keen to receive applications from people who also have personal experience of those challenges.
The purpose of the Community Producer position is to lead Third Angel’s work with young people and other groups within our community, designing and delivering fun and exciting learning opportunities that achieve positive outcomes for participants and developing a longer term strategy that supports the extension of this post past the initial six months.
During the period of this contract, you will:
- Identify and build sustainable relationships with potential partner organisations in Sheffield who work directly with specific beneficiaries or communities and develop new collaborative projects suitable for fundraising.
- Work in partnership with Artelt (part of the Sheffield Children’s Hospital Charity, providing arts activities and workshops) to design and deliver a programme of activities for young people using the Becton Centre between January and April 2021
- Design and deliver an online programme of activity for young people aged 14-19 in Sheffield in consultation with previous Future Makers participants.
- Create opportunities for young people to complete Arts Award with Third Angel, either through incorporating this into other programmes or developing a stand-alone offer.
- Work in partnership with Artfelt (part of the Sheffield Children’s Hospital Charity, providing arts activities and workshops) to design and deliver a programme of activities for young people using the Becton Centre between January and April 2021pplications for funding.
Skills and Experience
- Experience of designing and delivering performance-based arts activities that make a difference to people’s lives
- Track record of creating artistically bold and exciting projects
- Experience of working with young people and others who have little to no experience of performing arts practice
- Commitment to inclusive practice and good understanding of how to incorporate this into the design of activities
- Strong pastoral skills and good understanding of safeguarding best practice
- Strong networking and negotiating skills with the ability to identify and develop new partnerships
- Ability to successfully manage a range of short term and long term projects at the same time
- Understanding or personal experience of the challenges facing under-represented communities in the UK
Job Title: Community Producer
Contract:14 hours per week for 6 months
Location: Sheffield (remote working during restrictions)
Salary:£26,000(pro rata) per annum (£14,577per year)
Closing date:10am on Wednesday 2nd December 2020
Interviews: w/c14thDecember 2020
Interested in applying?
In order to apply, you will need to send us four things:
1.Key Questions–your answers to our three key questions below. You can either complete the form provided or alternatively send this as an audio recording or video (max 4 mins)
2.Work & Education History form ORCV (this must include your employment, volunteering and education history)
3.Personal Details form.
4.Equal Opportunities monitoring form. We are actively working to reduce the role that unconscious bias can play in a recruitment process. We will use the Key Questions as our primary means of shortlisting candidates for interview, and will refer to candidates work history / CV as a means of cross checking experience when confirming the final shortlist.
Information provided in Personal Details and Equal Opportunities forms will be held separately and confidentially.
You can email your application to email@example.com, with the subject heading ‘Community Producer application2020’or post to THIRD ANGEL, Unit 1, Harland Works,70 John Street, Sheffield S2 4QU. We will reply to everyone who submits an application within 7 days to let them know we have received it, so if you have not heard from us by that time, please feel free to get in touch. If you would like an informal conversation about the role, please contact the Third Angel office on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0114 272 4974/ 07592 669167
Closing date for applications:10am on Wednesday 2nd December 2020
Interviews will be held on 14th, 15th or 16th December via Zoom Key questions for application (250 words max for each/ 4 min video overall)
1.Tell us about an innovative arts activity that you developed and delivered for a particular group. How did you know what the group needed and how did you tell whether your activity was successful in meeting that need?
2. Imagine you are going to launch a new project aimed at 14-19 year olds based in South Yorkshire. How would you make it appealing and accessible to young people who do not normally engage in arts activity outside school? How would you go about reaching those people?
3. Suggest a partnership that could result in some exciting new projects with a community or group. How would you go about developing this partnership and how would you describe the benefits of working with us?
For full information packs please follow the link https://thirdangel.co.uk/blog/jobs-jobs-jobs