Digital Marketing Manager - Third Angel
Third Angel has been making original and inventive performance, installation and film work for theatres, galleries, cinemas, office blocks, car parks, cellars, the internet (and a Victorian public toilet), in the UK and worldwide, since 1995. The company has been widely acclaimed for intimate and moving performances and beautiful design. The work is devised, directed and designed by the two Artistic Directors and founders, Rachael Walton and Alexander Kelly, and carries a range of influences from the culture around us: film, television, visual art, current affairs, novels, magazines, comics, music, radio chat shows. We support early-career artists and companies through mentoring and free training programmes. Our participation work helps young people to find their voice, build their confidence and raise their aspirations.
The Digital Marketing Manager will play an essential role in helping Third Angel to develop new ways of working, make the most of the opportunities created by digital platforms and ensure that our online presence is as innovative and engaging as our performance work. They will create and enact digital marketing campaigns for new digital products and existing shows, and will work in partnership with our Executive Producer to develop and implement an overall marketing strategy for the company
About the person
You will be an experienced marketing professional with a wealth of digital knowledge. You will have developed and implemented digital marketing strategies for other organisations and will be confident in gathering and interpreting data to evaluate success. You will have a creative flair and excellent eye for design, able to create new digital assets and tailor them for different platforms. You will understand how to make our digital output accessible to the widest range of people and will be an active advocate for this within the company.
The purpose of the Digital Marketing Manager position is to help Third Angel to reach more people online, develop an audience for our new digital work and create a plan to build upon this in the future. It is a fixed term position initially, but may be extended if funding is available. During the six months of this contract, you will work in collaboration with Third Angel’s Artistic Directors and Executive Producer to:
- Develop a digital marketing strategy for all of Third Angel’s activities from 2021 – 2023, which will involve new digital products, future in-person performances and our work with young people and community groups.
- Devise and create / oversee the production of digital assets and write copy to promote our activities
- Develop long term distribution plans for digital products such as our podcast
- Track and monitor digital engagement and report to our Board on how successful our strategies have been
- Support the development and delivery of overall marketing plans for in-person performance work
Skills & Experience
- Experience of digital marketing and distribution
- Experience of devising and implementing strategies or plans that achieve results
- Ability to create high quality digital assets for a variety of social media platforms
- Understanding of marketing within the arts and / or third sector
- Confident with data gathering, analysis and interpretation
- Understanding of good practice in digital accessibility and inclusive design
- Strong copywriting skills and ability to adapt tone and style to suit different audiences
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Excellent team player with ability to ‘manage upwards’
Interested in applying?
In order to apply, you will need to send us four things:
1. Key Questions – your answers to our three key questions below. You can either complete the written form or alternatively send this as an audio recording or video (max 4 mins)
2. Work & Education History form ORCV (this must include your employment, volunteering and education history)
3. Personal Details form.
4. Equal Opportunities monitoring form.
We are actively working to reduce the role that unconscious bias can play in a recruitment process. We will use the Key Questions as our primary means of shortlisting candidates for interview, and will refer to candidates work history / CV as a means of cross checking experience when confirming the final shortlist. Information provided in Personal Details and Equal Opportunities forms will be held separately and confidentially.
You can email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject heading ‘Digital Marketing Manager application 2020’ or post to THIRD ANGEL, Unit 1, Harland Works, 70 John Street, Sheffield S2 4QU. We will reply to everyone who submits an application within 7 days to let them know we have received it, so if you have not heard from us by that time, please feel free to get in touch.
If you would like an informal conversation about the role, please contact the Third Angel office on email@example.com or 0114 272 4974 / 07592 669167
Closing date for applications: 10am on Wednesday 2nd December 2020 Interviews will be held on 14th, 15th or 16th December via Zoom
Key questions for application (250 words max for each / 4 min video overall)
1. Give an example of a digital marketing campaign that you have developed and implemented. How did you know whether it had been successful?
2. Third Angel is about to launch a new digital-only project. What questions would you ask and what critical information would you need in order to create a plan to launch the project, and then to grow its audience over time?
3. Third Angel uses analytics to measure reach and engagement with its email marketing, social media and website, but beyond setting targets for growth, hasn’t yet found these data particularly useful. What would your priorities be when gathering audience data and how would you use that data to inform our strategy?
For the full information package, follow the link https://thirdangel.co.uk/blog/jobs-jobs-jobs