Honorary Treasurer - Iford Arts
Iford Arts is an established music charity which produces a small annual opera festival
recognised internationally for the quality and immediacy of its productions. The charity also
runs a training and development programme for young singers and an outreach programme
into local schools. Based primarily in Bradford on Avon and serving the wider West of
England region, we fill a notable gap in terms of the provision of professional, high quality
opera production. The charity is now in a period of transition, seeking a new permanent
home for its Summer festival and ways of expanding its work with young singers and
They are in need of a suitably qualified Hon. Treasurer to join the Board of
Trustees and provide advice and oversight of the charity’s finances. Apart from accountancy
qualifications the other essential attribute is a love of opera and a desire to see it develop
and inspire new generations. Experience of major fundraising and of the Arts sector would
- Strategic financial planning for the charity; reviewing its financial performance.
- Ensuring that the charity has robust and effective financial controls in place and keeps proper
- Overseeing the in-house book-keeper and liaising with the charity’s independent examiner- Monahans in Trowbridge.
- Ensuring compliance with financial legal and regulatory requirements.
- Reporting on financial matters to the members and the board.
- Reviewing the budgets prepared, on Excel, by the Executive Director for board approval following the new season’s proposals.
- Management briefings on financial performance, including presentation at board meetings.
- Set up and Approval of Artist and other supplier payments.
- Liaison with Executive Director on patronage and benefactor income.
- Overseeing bank balances and deposited funds.
- Presentation of accounts for the independent examiner. Liaison with Board on appropriate
trustees’ report on activities.
- Companies House return.
- Charity Commission return.
- corporation tax return for TTR (Theatre Tax Relief)
- Transfer of Excel budget data to Quickbooks for management accounts.
- Payroll calculations and payments
- Annual PAYE & Tax returns.
- Quarterly VAT settlements and returns for IAPL
To apply please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / 01225 868124 for more information.